With more and more focus being paid to alternative energy sources these days, solar power is something that is growing into even bigger prominence than it has had in the last decade or so. At this point in time, it’s safe to say that we are all pretty familiar with the idea and use of solar energy for lighting and electrical purposes, but what about when it comes to hot water?
Solar hot water systems in Coffs Harbour have started to become an attractive alternative to more traditional electric water heaters, and here at North Coast Power & Water, we specialise in helping homeowners to make the switch if they so wish. Before making the decision for your own property, here are some of the key pros and cons that are associated with solar hot water.
You will be able to start saving money on your water heating bills. Generally, the off-peak portion of your electricity bill is contributed solely to water heating, and by installing a solar hot water system you are able to cut your off-peak bill by up to 80%.
- When installed correctly, the Apricus solar hot water system is very low maintenance. Once you have installed the solar hot water equipment, you are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty of up to 15 years on the main components (solar collector and hot water tank) and a well maintained system can last for up to 20+ years.
- It is, of course, a much more environmentally friendly way to go about getting energy and heated water for your home.
- You do have to come to terms with the fact that the initial installation costs for such a system can be quite high compared to a straight electric hot water system upfront. However, when your hot water system is getting old and is in need of replacing – it is the perfect time to upgrade it to a solar hot water system.
- Systems like this can obviously be dependent on your local climate, roof space and available sunshine. You don’t need scorching sun every single day, but you would want at very minimum clear sunshine on your roof from 10-3pm. If you have shading issues or roof area that has already been taken by solar power it may not be viable to install a solar hot water system on your home.
- Keep in mind that these systems are exclusively designed for water and water only. You will not get any kind of energy to power electrical appliances with a solar hot water system.
So, if you think that a solar might be for you, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for the best hot water systems in Coffs Harbour. A member of our team will always be available to have a more detailed discussion with you and answer any remaining questions that you might have. We look forward to hearing from you.